The Work-Life Balance Benefits of Franchise Ownership
For many aspiring entrepreneurs, the dream of owning a business is tempered by concerns about work-life balance. The demands of running a business can be daunting, but franchise ownership makes it much easier.
Simply put, the franchise brand wants each of their locations to be successful, so they provide a lot of resources and processes to make it easier for each owner. Some franchises are even designed for semi-absentee ownership, where you have complete control over your work-life balance and can work part time on the business. Here’s how they do it:
- Proven Business Model. With dozens or hundreds of locations all operating the same business, the franchise brand builds a business blueprint of best practices to strengthen and streamline the business. This saves you a lot of time to build and run your business, and also increases your odds of success!
- Franchise Support Systems. The parent brand often provides centralizes support systems, such as product design, marketing, supply chains, employee training materials, and more. Not only do these greatly reduce your workload as the business owner, but they can provide cost savings.
- Training and Ongoing Support. You don’t need an MBA or even any business experience to run a franchise. The franchise will teach you through workshops, site visits, and 1-1 support. This saves you a lot of time and keeps you from making rookie mistakes.
- Your Own Team. Franchising often involves hiring and managing a team of employees. You may even hire a manager to manage those employees and oversee the day-to-day operations, so your only work is to manage the manager and oversee the finances. This can turn running a business into a part-time job!
- A Supportive Community. When you start an independent business, you’re on your own. With a franchise, you have a community of other entrepreneurs in the exact same business who you can reach out to any time for help.
- You’re the Boss! Ultimately, you are in charge and set your own work schedule. Maybe you want to work remotely or have flexible hours that prioritize time with your family.
But don’t take my word for it. Through the franchise exploration process, you can learn about each franchise’s business model, support systems, and training. You can even ask existing owners about their work-life balance to make sure it’s a good fit for you.
I provide free consultation to help you find and evaluate franchises that could fit your work-life goals. Just contact me below, and let’s chat about your business and lifestyle goals.